----------------

MrBagel Funny: Latest Joke Listed

MrBagel News: Hottest News Stories

Bodgey Bagels Latest Caption Contest

Mr Bagels Latest Cartoon

Mr Bagel Latest Videos

Saturday 10 March 2007

The Blue Jew Yorker

Untitled from the series: Evening Poetry Walk

Thousands of email spams later and what do I have to show?

One decent email.

A new online Poetry Journal called

The Blue Jew Yorker

Its their first edition, not a bad show for a first!

Full Frontal Judaism
(extract)

To lift up these hills which mutilate
my face like swollen lumps
this plastic surgery of exile
contorting my cheekbones with the bloating, bulging
of a victim’s cry, you see this hunchback
is but a table which got stuck under my shirt while
I was trying to hide under its scared surfaces

Adam Shechter

Any way check them out, be bold
and submit something for their Second Edition.

Bagelblogger

Apologies to the Poet for providing only an extract...

ThanksBagelblogger - Always Fresh!
:
Poetry * Jewish Identity * New York and Poetry * New York and Judaism * The Blue Jew Yorker * Poems from New York * Jew * New York and Jewish * Jewish * BagelBlogger * Bagel Blogger

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

AnotherPoem:

PIDYON SHEVOYIM

Will not this shadow ever fall
Against tear-streaked Western Wall?
Who knows, who knows, I cannot tell,
In hope I live for Yisroel.
Pidyon shevoyim, no greater cause,
Such love breaks down the highest walls.
Oh, happy stars, set free to roam;
Jerusalem, I long for home!

Edwin Yosef Vogt