----------------

MrBagel Funny: Latest Joke Listed

MrBagel News: Hottest News Stories

Bodgey Bagels Latest Caption Contest

Mr Bagels Latest Cartoon

Mr Bagel Latest Videos

Monday 12 February 2007

Just Like Abe





I've got a confession to make. I can't help but smile when I see the full breadth of the American Political Process.

Some of your political rallies look better than any parties I've been to. Maybe thats a sad reflection on the social circles I travel in. Maybe I need to get out more.

What amuses me most about the politics of Washington is just how removed it all is from reality.

Do you have to like have dropped a Timothy Leary sized amount of L.S.D. to actually suspend your critical facility when listening to Federal Politicians?

[Click Read More...]

Well after watching the latest Barack Obama announcement I am starting to suspect the CIA has put acid in Washington's water supply.

Now after all this, we're told we've got a new Abe in town.

Senator Barack Obama has put his hand up and shouted me too. Not only has he shouted me Too but in the deep tradition of making US politics more orchestrated than the US superbowl, his letting it be known that he really is just like Abe Lincoln.

I think Peggy Noonan saw this coming a long way of last year. She so ably reported an article about the conceit of Government.

And who was the star of the show that summery June 2006, well it was what some would say was an upstart.



Hardly long enough in Politics to know where the mens room is, and now he's announced he wants to be President.

Fair enough, there nothing wrong with long term goals. Except, Barack Obama is talking about as in next year.

I can't help but think the CIA is behind this, cause no matter how hard I try, I know I must be on drugs to see what I'm seeing.

Seems Peggy has been avoiding the water, this is what she had to say back in June:

"This week comes the previously careful Sen. Barack Obama, flapping his wings in Time magazine and explaining that he's a lot like Abraham Lincoln, only sort of better. "In Lincoln's rise from poverty, his ultimate mastery of language and law, his capacity to overcome personal loss and remain determined in the face of repeated defeat--in all this he reminded me not just of my own struggles."

Oh. So that's what Lincoln's for. Actually Lincoln's life is a lot like Mr. Obama's. Lincoln came from a lean-to in the backwoods. His mother died when he was 9. The Lincolns had no money, no standing. Lincoln educated himself, reading law on his own, working as a field hand, a store clerk and a raft hand on the Mississippi. He also split some rails. He entered politics, knew more defeat than victory, and went on to lead the nation through its greatest trauma, the Civil War, and past its greatest sin, slavery.

Barack Obama, the son of two University of Hawaii students, went to Columbia and Harvard Law after attending a private academy that taught the children of the Hawaiian royal family. He made his name in politics as an aggressive Chicago vote hustler in Bill Clinton's first campaign for the presidency.

You see the similarities. "

And what's bagels last thought's on all this?

Pass me the T.V program darling, I'm not in the mood for another B grade horror movie .

References:

WallStreetJournal.com: Opinion Journal: Conceit of Government

Bagelblogger Always Fresh!

Technorati: * Iraq * Iraq War * Obama * US politics * Obama and Lincoln * Obama * Democrats * John Howard * Barack+Obama * Iraq and US politics * BagelBlogger * Bagel Blogger

0 Comments: