----------------

MrBagel Funny: Latest Joke Listed

MrBagel News: Hottest News Stories

Bodgey Bagels Latest Caption Contest

Mr Bagels Latest Cartoon

Mr Bagel Latest Videos

Tuesday 15 May 2007

The Death of an old Foe

An Enemy of mine passed on today. We've battled each other solidly for at least the last 12 months.

We've never seen eye to eye. In fact a lot of the time we spoke different languages.

I don't know how many times this foe has misquoted me and stated things that I never actually said.

The most annoying part is I have had to work with this foe for over 12 months, I've had to get use to the oddities of behavior, the unreasonable demands, the snap work stoppages and probably the hardest part is the differences in what we think is acceptable behavior.

The funny thing is, its taken 12 months for me to get used to working with this foe, and now I'm so used to working together, the untimely demise has left me feeling all at sea.

I cant express what I really want to say. Every thing seems different. Things seem so out of place.

Nothing is where you expect it to be.

I'm not going to grieve long for my old foe, my nemesis was treacherous to say the least.

Its true my Foe would have witnesses more of my thoughts than any other in the last twelve months. But things change, life moves on, the ebb and flow of life continues.

I'm going to have to get used to working with a new team workmate. Its going to be hard. My old foe spoke with funny 'a's and dropped zz's when ever it seemed opportune.

I cant imagine my new work mate being so uncouth.

The irony is its taken me over 12 months to finally get used to the ergonomic rantings of my old foe, and now I'm finally used to all the quirks of my old foe, I'm going to miss you.

Although we rarely agreed, I wish you well in keyboard heaven.



2 Comments:

Batya said...

Never fight with them. It's like playing the piano, nu?

Mr Bagel said...

Muse: Yes, I agree this one was a cordless model with a very unusual slanted v keyboard, apparently its ergonomically designed to stop RSI injury. I suspect it works by slowly your typing down to a snail pace as you try to learn where all the new keys are now placed.

I'm back on a traditional straight qwerty and in a word...Joy!
Regards Mr Bagel [Aaron]