----------------

MrBagel Funny: Latest Joke Listed

MrBagel News: Hottest News Stories

Bodgey Bagels Latest Caption Contest

Mr Bagels Latest Cartoon

Mr Bagel Latest Videos

Tuesday 26 June 2007

Translation of Gilad Shalits audio message:
On tape, Gilad 'urges' meeting demands

Transcription of What Gilad said in English
Click read more to see it
By Reuters

GAZA - Following is the text of a statement by captive soldier Gilad Shalit, as heard in an audio tape released by his Palestinian captors in Gaza yesterday. Translation is by Reuters from the original Hebrew:

"I, the soldier Gilad, son of Noam Shalit, [am] held by the Khattab Shaheed Iz al-Din al-Qassam [the military wing of Hamas].

"Mother and father, my sister and brother, friends in the Israel Defense Forces: I send you regards from jail and my longing for all of you.

"An entire year has passed with me in jail, and the state of my health is still deteriorating and I need extensive hospitalization.

"I am sorry for the lack of interest in my case and in the demands of Khattab al-Qassam on the part of the Israeli government and the army. It is clear that they must accede to these demands in order for me to be released from jail - especially as I was involved in a military operation, under orders, and was not a drug dealer.

"Just as I have parents, a mother and a father, the thousands of Palestinian detainees also have mothers and fathers who must have their sons returned.

"I have great faith that my government will take more of an interest in me and will accede to the demands of the mujahideen.

"Corporal Gilad Shalit."
References:
Haaretz: On tape, Gilad urges meeting demands


0 Comments: